Company: SCL Health
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: May 6, 2022
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a
Your pharmacy knowledge is second to none: your patients feel it in
the expertise you share. Families feel it in your communication.
Colleagues feel it in your support.
Youre generous with your thoughts, your partnerships and especially
your knowledge and leadership, because your coordination of all
things drug related is crucial.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something
even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be
strong, the right team is invincible.
St. Marys Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based,
nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered
care. Our 346-bed regional medical center is in Grand Junction, one
of the most beautiful places on earth. Our mission is to bring
health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your
family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision
coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it
encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve
launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health.
Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools,
tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also
offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well
encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and
high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of
spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to
learn. And we will share our knowledge with each other, patients
As a Pharmacy Supervisor you will need to know how to:
- Supervise the patient care and operations of the department.
Collaborate with department leadership team to evaluate service
needs and volumes and adjust staffing levels accordingly. Assign
daily work schedules. Act as a resource, team leader, and expert
clinician in the daily operations and activities of the department.
Perform role of area specific clinical staff pharmacist, including
evening and weekend rotational schedule, as required.
- Develop, direct, and coordinate training of new and existing
associates. Ensure associate competency. Oversee supply and
equipment inventory to maintain optimal supply levels and ensure
equipment repairs and preventative maintenance occur in a timely
manner. Assist with communication and enforcement of formulary
items, completion of formulary addition requests and development of
drug monographs/class reviews.
- Support the department leadership team in problem solving to
address issues relating to patient safety, care and service. Ensure
coordination of care with other departments to promote the highest
level of patient care and satisfaction. Represent Pharmacy services
on institutional or practice area committees and quality support
- Assist with Human Resource management functions including
interviewing, selection, orientation, education/training, feedback,
performance evaluation, and policy and procedure development.
Assist in updating and maintaining personnel files. Maintain and
monitor Kronos records for employees. Present and document staff
meetings as required. Assist in development of capital planning and
- Collaborate with the care site leadership team to identify and
drive quality and performance improvement initiatives. Ensure
compliance with applicable regulatory guidelines and established
departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance
program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
Assist the management team in the development and maintenance of
policies, procedures, and certifications needed to safely and
effectively provide pharmacy services including all related
technology. Streamline workflow, improve efficiency, and reduce
costs of pharmacy distributive technology in conjunction with
pharmacy associates, supervisors and managers.
- Compile reports and special studies as arranged or as
specifically requested; keep informed on developments and trends
inside and outside the hospital that relate to assigned functions;
is actively involved in quality assurance programs.
- Assist the leadership team in mentoring and professionally
developing Clinical Pharmacy staff, Pharmacy Residents and Students
through team and departmental educational sessions. Assign learning
activities for each objective goals and objectives for each
resident and student rotation. Complete and submit formative and
summative resident evaluations. Participate in the development of
new programs, services and practices, and educational activities of
the pharmacy department and with the multidisciplinary team within
defined area of practice.
- Oversight of the Pharmacy Residency Program serving as
Residency Program Director (RPD).
- Serve as an organizationally authorized leader of the Pharmacy
- Provide organization and leadership of the residency advisory
committee that provides guidance for the residency program conduct
and related issues.
- Provide oversight of the progression of residents within the
program and documentation of completed requirements.
- Implement use of criteria for appointment and reappointment of
- Provide evaluation, skill assessment, and development of
preceptors in the program.
- Create and implement a preceptor development plan for the
- Provide continuous residency program improvement in conjunction
with the residency advisory committee.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which
is why we require:
- Current licensure by the state of Colorado in Pharmacy
- Current immunization certification
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a clinical
pharmacist in an acute care hospital (completion of a PGY-1
Hospital Pharmacy Practice Residency may substitute for up to three
(3) years of the required clinical experience)
- Board certification in pharmacy practice or other recognized
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Current MTM (Medication Therapy Management) certification
- Completion of PGY-1 Hospital Pharmacy Practice Residency
- At least two (2) years previous experience in a management
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Pharmacy Supervisor on our
team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day
how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the
first place. Responsibilities and Requirements: Comments:
Keywords: SCL Health, Grand Junction , Supervisor Pharmacy, Healthcare , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!