Supply Chain Inventory Coordinator*
Company: SCL Health
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: October 13, 2019
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a
Supply Chain Procedures Inventory Coordinator.
You know when to move quickly. When to sit quietly. When to laugh
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something
even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be
strong, the right team is invincible.
St. Marys Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based,
nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered
care. Our 346-bed regional medical center is in Grand Junction, one
of the most beautiful places on earth. Our mission is to bring
health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your
family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision
coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it
encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve
launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health.
Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools,
tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also
offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well
honor each others dignity and surpass the standards we set. Well
encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and
high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of
spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to
As a Procedures Inventory Coordinator you need to know how to:
* Support leadership in translating care site supply chain goals
into actionable priorities and assure communication and measurement
for achievement of same. This will include both supply and other
non-labor expense initiatives.
* Specifically be accountable for all distribution receiving,
logistics and inventory management and other duties as assigned.
Assure smooth functioning of operations at all hours through
appropriate delegation, development and adherence to strict
standards of work.
* Monitor, rotate, remove and document all outdated and overstocked
supplies, checking for any damage to items.
* Prepare computer generated purchase orders as required by
specific job function.
* Inform departments of substitute products, back orders, delays in
shipments and stock outs.
* Process orders for supplies as needed through the MMIS
* Ensure timely processing for delivery cut offs with a minimum of
* Verify inventory and control levels, maintain, review and correct
item file counts in computer and/or supply chain cabinets and
* Ensure data integrity by adhering to pre-defined templates.
* Serve as a resource in investigating products, assisting in
budgeting, suggesting changes in product utilization, and advising
on proper inventory control techniques.
* Physically stock and help pick needed supplies for delivery to
nursing and ancillary departments.
* Resolve supply shortages of inventory items in a timely
* Remove unneeded stock via MMIS processes and notify leadership of
dollar amounts and source of disposition. Ensure supplies that can
be donated are captured using the Lawson donation process for easy
reporting to finance.
* Run needed reports, such as open order report, stock status
report, and slow item usage report to help maintain effective and
adequate supply levels.
* Maintain accurate supply and order information.
* Review and update supply bin locations, verify units of measure,
order points, catalog numbers, item numbers and pricing as needed
to maintain integrity of supply inventory and accuracy for
procedure card picking via Epic OpTime.
* Utilize MMIS computer menus to identify supplies, locations, on
hand quantities stocked and non-stocked supplies.
* Serve as gatekeeper for the Value Analysis process.
* Attend team meetings as appropriate to discuss and implement new
products and product introduction.
* In cooperation with sourcing and category management, provide
ongoing investigation of new and replacement products.
* Review utilization patterns and report unusual variances, report
* Serve as liaison between supply chain, staff and vendors to
ensure accurate and timely product conversions.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which
is why we require:
* Associates Degree or equivalent, required
* Bachelors Degree in Business or related field OR a minimum of
three (3) years of related work experience, required
* Minimum of three (3) years in a surgical services inventory
management related role, preferably in a healthcare supply chain
* Knowledge of MMIS, preferably Lawson or other related inventory
YOUR NEXT MOVE.
Now that you know more about being a Procedures Inventory
Coordinator on our team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll
reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were
called to it in the first place.
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis
of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or
access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or
activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and
Keywords: SCL Health, Grand Junction , Supply Chain Inventory Coordinator*, Professions , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!