Company: Honnen Equipment Company
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: June 9, 2019
Job Description:Honnen Equipment Co., your authorized dealer for
John Deere Construction & Forestry equipment is looking for a
Diesel Shop Technician.Since 1963 Honnen operated with a philosophy
of not just meeting, but exceeding, customers' expectations. Honnen
is one of the oldest and largest John Deere dealers in North
America, now operating out of 10 locations in 4 different states
covering the Rocky Mountain Region. Our mission here is to partner
with our customers to provide superior value through the lowest
owning and operating costs while representing world-class
products.We offer our employees full benefits at competitive
premiums as well as a contributing 401K, vacation time, paid
holidays, and a performance based incentive program.For our service
technicians we offer the opportunity and training to not only work
on John Deere but also on other heavy equipment products as well.
Sound like a team you would like to be a part of? Complete an
application today!Position Summary:Independently performs complex
diagnostics, service repairs, rebuilding jobs and maintenance work
on customer and/or dealer owned equipment. Completes daily tasks at
company shops in a safe, efficient and capable manner, using the
least number of labor hours necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs complex diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance
work on customer and/or dealer owned equipment.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitor
products and keeps abreast of all changes in various models of
equipment sold and serviced by the distributor.
- Reports each service call or repair job at the end of each
shift, giving the following information: (a) customer's name, (b)
make and model of unit, (c) serial number, (d) hours worked, (e)
travel time, (f) details of work performed, problems encountered,
time required, (g) parts, equipment and supplies used.
- Reports in complete detail as above with regard to warranty
- Keeps immediate shop area in which he works in a clean and
- Brings to the attention of the Service Manager/Foreman any
additional work required on a unit.
- Notifies Service Manager/Foreman if shop equipment or vehicle
is not in serviceable condition or constitutes a safety
- Returns tools to crib at the end of each shift in a clean
condition ready for the next man to use.
- Keeps service bulletins and parts literature current and
orderly at all times.
- Conducts himself in the presence of customers in a manner which
will retain a good opinion of the company and the Service
- Takes advantage of all opportunities to attend schools and
training sessions in order to upgrade technical competence.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations when performing work
- Associates degree preferred. High School diploma and related
experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- 2+ years of experience working on Heavy Equipment
- John Deere Service Technician training completion preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform complex service repairs
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic
systems used in the repair of heavy equipment
- Intermediate computer skills
- Customer Service mentality
- Moderate physical activity required by lifting/carrying objects
up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to regularly push/pull a maximum force of 115 lbs.
Keyword: Diesel Mechanic, Diesel Technician, Technician, Heavy
Equipment, John Deere, Wirtgen, Manitwoc, Field Service,
From: Honnen Equipment Company
Keywords: Honnen Equipment Company, Grand Junction , Diesel Technician, Professions , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!