Construction Material Manager
Company: Probst Electric
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: January 24, 2023
CompanyA fully owned subsidiary of Quanta Services, -Inc. (NYSE:
PWR), Probst Electric Inc. is one of North America's premier
utility construction companies. Probst has offices in Heber, Provo,
and Salt Lake City, UT, as well as Farmington, NM, and Caldwell and
Rupert, ID. -We have completed projects all over the United States
and in Canada.Probst specializes in high-voltage transmission line
construction, along with design-build, and maintenance services for
both the public and private sector utilities. Our capabilities
include -transmission, distribution, substation, drilling,
telecommunication, joint trench, -foundations, and commercial
electrical.Probst offers competitive wages and a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401k. We
are an Equal Opportunity Employer and participate -in
E-Verify.PositionThis position requires full-time travel to
worksites. Your first project will be a major high-voltage
transmission power line build. The project will be headquartered
out of Maybell, CO and is expected to last 2 years.
- Directs production and inventory control, shipping and
receiving, and materials storage.
- Directs production planning and scheduling based on project
- Maintains inventory levels to ensure deliveries occur within
- Maintains and ensures accuracy of the perpetual inventory
- Works with corporate purchasing department to schedule delivery
of materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Oversees shipping and receiving functions related to purchased
parts and finished goods.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce transportation costs and
- Manages and monitors storage of purchased material.
- Performs write-offs on damaged or obsolete inventory to reflect
the accurate value of inventory.
- Establishes procedures for conducting and valuing year-end
- Performs other related duties as assigned.Requirements
- 5+ years of material management, within a construction
- Experience working on high-voltage powerline construction
projects highly preferred -
- Must be willing to travel to worksites on a weekly basis
- Data entry: -Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and other
- Excellent computer skills
- Analytical problem solving
- Must pass mandatory drug and alcohol screening(s)
- Excellent written and oral communication; including spelling
and grammarSalary Range
- $75,000 - $100,000 annually
- Per diem for living expenses -PEI_HP
Keywords: Probst Electric, Grand Junction , Construction Material Manager, Professions , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!