Plasma Processing Technician
Company: CSL Plasma
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: November 18, 2021
About CSLWith operations in 35+ nations and -27,000 employees
worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of
lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and
primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our
therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation
and burn treatment.CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and
Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein
biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market
biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL
Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors
of human plasma, which is used to create CSL---s therapies. Seqirus
is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and
is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major
contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.We
invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities
available around the globe and consider building your promising
future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!Job DescriptionJob
Description Summary Responsible for the accurate and timely
sampling, testing, shipping and storage of plasma collected from
donors. Job Description
- In compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs),
responsible for collecting plasma samples and moving plasma units
to freezer to ensure product quality.
- Ensures plasma units are properly stored according to SOPs,
which could include unsuitable plasma units and samples.
- Ensures accuracy of unit labeling by verifying the pre-printed
label matches the dynamic label.
- Utilizes sterile technique to draw samples and uses heat sealer
to assure the sterility and quality of plasma unit samples per
- May ensure samples and units are packed and shipped in
accordance with SOPs and center procedures. Prepares shipping and
unit disposal documentation.
- Monitors freezer and refrigerator temperatures and immediately
informs appropriate personnel if equipment is not functioning
properly. Records variances.
- Conducts daily calibration of equipment according to SOPs.
- Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic
donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
- Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper
immune programs at the center if applicable.
- Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures
sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed.
Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational
Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures.
Promotes safety in all actions.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center
- Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the
organization, to meet the needs of the business.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned. Education
- High school diploma or equivalent required Experience
- Minimum of three (3) months experience in laboratory or
warehouse environment preferred or equivalent combination of
education and experience
- Must be able to perform basic math calculations Working
Conditions (physical & mental requirements)
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written
- Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and
- Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe
- Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to
100% of time
- Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
- Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures
and to blood borne pathogens
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing
specific tasks or in certain areas
- Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center
operational needs All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
veteran status, national origin or other legally protected
classifications. Please note, we may not have an immediate need at
the present time; however we are always interested in speaking to
well qualified candidates for future openings. If you are
interested in exploring a career with CSL, please apply. We may
have both full-time and part-time positions available. Someone will
follow up depending on the current needs, but please be aware
correspondence may not be immediate.
Keywords: CSL Plasma, Grand Junction , Plasma Processing Technician, Professions , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!