Company: Forterra Pipe & Precast
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: October 8, 2021
$20/hr, plus $1497 new hire bonus, see details below
$1200 safety bonus for new employees, $300 bonus paid in 3
•Operating machinery used in the production process, or assist
• Examining products to verify conformance to quality
• Observing equipment operations so that malfunctions can be
detected, and notifying
operators of any malfunctions.
• Lifting raw materials, finished products, and packed items,
manually or using hoists.
• Providing manual labor in relining kiln, such as hauling,
hoisting or passing bricks.
• Counting finished products to determine if product orders are
• Marking or tagging identification on parts.
• Loading and unloading material.
• Helping production workers by performing duties of lesser skill,
such as supplying or
holding materials or tools, and cleaning work areas and
• Cleaning and lubricating equipment.
• Recording information such as the number of products tested,
meter readings, and
dates and times of product production.
• Starting machines or equipment in order to begin production
• Separating products according to weight, grade, size, and
composition of materials
used to produce them.
• Turning valves to regulate flow of liquids or air, to reverse
machines, to start pumps, or
to regulate equipment.
• Placing products in equipment or on work surfaces for further
• Removing products, machine attachments, and waste material from
• Transferring finished products, raw materials, tools, or
equipment between storage and
work areas of plants and warehouses, by hand or using hand trucks
or powered lift
• Signaling coworkers to direct them to move products during the
• Preparing raw materials for processing.
• Measuring amounts of products, lengths of extruded articles, or
weights of filled
containers to ensure conformance to specifications.
• Reading gauges and charts, and record data obtained.
• Mixing ingredients according to specified procedures and formulas
• Positioning spouts or chutes of storage bins so that containers
can be filled.
• Folding products and product parts during processing.
• Washing work areas, machines, equipment, vehicles, products,
and any other item as required.
• Unclamping and hoist full reels from braiding, winding, and other
using power hoists.
• Dumping materials such as prepared ingredients into machine
hoppers prior to mixing.
• Breaking up defective products for reprocessing.
• Changing machine gears, using wrenches.
• Cutting or break flashing from materials or products.
• Performing minor repairs to machines, such as replacing damaged
or worn parts.
• Attaching slings, ropes, and cables to objects such as pipes,
hoses, and bundles.
• Digging ditches and perform excavation.
• Cleaning work area, plant, pick up scrap and debris and all other
• Grinding ends of panels
• Monitoring bed heat at computer.
• Cutting and installing wood block outs.
• Setting up equipment used for casting bands and finishes.
• Setting clamp hook-ups to panel.
• Dunnage placement of finished product in yard.
• Laying out bed with proper dimensions on each piece drawing and
for the overall
length of the bed, set up the bed according to the specs on piece
including all form side reveals and bottom steel plates.
Shift start: 5:00AM or 6:00AM or 12:00PM or 3:00PM
Shift length: 9 - 10 hours
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 60 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
• Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations. •
Basic carpentry skills • Must be able to comprehend and retain
safety training programs. • Use a variety of mobile and/or
stationary equipment and hand tools such as but not limited to
bobcat, forklift, manlift, hand truck, shovel, pick, bar,
jackhammer/chipping hammer, etc. • Perform equipment inspections
and complete checklists.
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
$1497 new hire incentive
Paid in 3 installments
Keywords: Forterra Pipe & Precast, Grand Junction , General Laborer, Other , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!