POSITION TITLE: Airport Facilities Specialist
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $39,000 - $52,000
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Coordinates and performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled
tasks related to airfield, facilities, and ground maintenance. This
includes corrective and preventative maintenance, construction,
carpentry, demolition, and remodeling projects for Airport airfield
and facilities; maintains HVAC systems located in Airport
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates and performs building maintenance and repairs such
as scheduled general maintenance for HVAC components and electrical
computerized controls, plumbing, interior and exterior maintenance
of all structures.
- Coordinates and performs overall maintenance of terminal; picks
up and removes trash, replaces light bulbs, and performs cleaning;
washes interior and exterior windows, and sidewalks. Responds to
requests from the public or tenants regarding maintenance
- Coordinates and performs turf, landscape, and shrub, tree, and
flower bed maintenance and operates and maintains irrigation system
- Performs concrete and finish work such as sidewalks, street
patch repairs, ramps, pads, and driveways; set forms, pour concrete
and completes final finish work.
- Operates in a competent, safe manner a variety of vehicles and
equipment required to perform duties including, but not limited to
automobile, backhoe, pickup/utility truck, dump truck, sweeper,
chain/trimming saws, snow plow/blower, miscellaneous power and hand
tools, grader, weed eaters, lawn edger's, loader, riding and manual
- Coordinates and performs general maintenance on facilities
maintenance vehicles such as safety, oil and operation checks, also
cleans interior and exterior of vehicles weekly. Performs general
maintenance and minor repair on heavy equipment such as graders,
front-end loaders, and snow plows. Repair and maintenance of mowers
and other grounds related equipment.
- Coordinates and performs road repairs, landscaping, irrigation,
and snow removal.
- Carries cell phone.
- Conducts all work with the passenger experience in mind.
- Performs all other work as required.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED;
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in facilities
maintenance to include skills in construction, landscaping,
carpentry, HVAC maintenance; plumbing and electrical,
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training which
demonstrates the ability to perform the above described
Background Check: Employment with the Airport is contingent upon
an education/experience background investigation, a
fingerprint-based criminal history record check processed by the
FBI, and upon the ability to be granted a security badge as
mandated by the Transportation Security Administration.
- Master Gardner Certification desirable
- Possession of a valid Colorado driver's license
- CDL desirable for positions assigned to the Landside
- Basic first aid and CPR certification desirable
Work is performed independently or as part of a team often
without direct supervision after assignment of duties.
The physical demands represent those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strength and energy sufficient to maintain an active work
schedule involving driving and/or physical exertion; hearing and
speaking to exchange information; seeing to perform assigned
duties; sitting or standing for extended periods of time; dexterity
of hands and fingers to operate tools and equipment; kneeling,
bending at the waist and reaching overhead, above the shoulders and
horizontally as needed; lifting light to moderately heavy
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Including but not limited to; hand power tools, all terrain
vehicles, snowplow for snow removal on sidewalks and areas around
SRE and Terminal buildings, mobile radio and aviation radio. This
position requires use of Airport vehicles.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, in high and
precarious places and frequently exposed to outside weather
conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic
chemicals, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate,
except during certain maintenance duties when noise levels may be
Employees in this position are required to work in areas or
around equipment which may meet or exceed the OSHA Hearing
Conservation sound level.
This position requires shift work to include daytime work,
nighttime work, weekends, and holidays as assigned to meet the
needs of the airport.
This description covers the most significant essential and
auxiliary duties performed but does not include other occasional
work which may be similar, related to, or logical assignment to the
The job description does not constitute an employee agreement
between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by
the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the
The Grand Junction Regional Airport Authority offers excellent
benefits, such as:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- Appleton Clinics Corporate Membership available for employee
- Paid Time Off starting at four weeks per year
- Sick Leave
- 401(k) plan with Roth option and up to a 4% Employer Match
- Participation in Colorado Public Employees Retirement
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Great culture and more!