Sales and Marketing Director
Company: Troon Golf, L.L.C.
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Bookcliff Country Club located in beautiful Grand Junction,
Colorado, is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity
of Sales & Marketing Director. Qualified candidates will thrive in
a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing
superior service in a private club setting.
The Director of Sales & Marketing plans, organizes and leads the
prospecting, sales, and onboarding/membership connection
activities, contributing to the overall success of the Club and
- Meeting or exceeding stated membership sales, and retention
- Leading and performing the marketing, membership and
- Consistently interacting with members, prospects, coworkers and
management with a positive attitude and foacus on a culture of
hospitality, leadership and mutual respect.
- Creating, updating, and distributing information to current
members, as well as prospective members.
- Works directly with the Club Manager and assists in the
implementation, advertising, and execution of membership activities
for Bookcliff Country Club.
- Serves as a liaison to the Membership Committee of the Board of
Directors. The Director shall work closely with the General
Manager, Troon Management, and the Membership Committee to develop
and implement a Membership Growth & Retention Plan; as well as a
Communications Plan ranging from Club Newsletters, Social Media and
- Serves as a liaison to the Membership Committee, and
contributes to the development of a Membership Growth Plan,
complete with measurable statistics and goals. Additionally,
performs all relevant functions such as planning the meeting space
and recording meeting minutes.
- Develops and executes marketing tactics and strategy that
enhances the awareness of Bookcliff Country Club brand, and
communicates the story and ongoing execution of the overall
community membership marketing and sales plan, working
collaboratively with onsite Club Management and Troon Corporate
- Drives the content development and facilitates production of
all membership-related materials, including but not limited to
prospecting, sales, and member communications, website; social
media channels; membership sales kit; and documents associated with
- Conducts marketing activities as designated in the Membership
Growth Plan, such as community networking, realtor relations, and
presence/participation in member events.
- Supports the Golf Professional and Food & Beverage Manager
relative to planning, marketing, and executing golf tournaments;
and key internal or outside banquets/events, respectively. Conveys
key talking points to all staff members relative to the events to
facilitate increased internal awareness of, and consistent
messaging about, the events.
- Fields Membership calls and/or emails pertaining to their
experience at the Club, including and not limited to service and
billing issues. Works to resolve any member and/or guest complaints
- Implements and manages a Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
system and enters all pertinent information relating to inquiries
from prospective members, leads conveyed by Club members or
community members, and the related follow-up conducted for each, in
a timely manner.
- Generates Membership Prospect/Sales Report, providing weekly
reports reflecting key statistics outlined in the Membership Growth
Plan. This may include information relating to leads (quantity and
source), prospect pipeline (sorted by rank), sales (paced by budget
forecast) - as well as communicating feedback from prospects who
decline to join, and results specific to marketing
- Schedules and provides membership tours of the facility.
Introduces prospective members to the General Manager, lead
department heads and members, as applicable.
- Oversees all membership paperwork related to
sales/upgrades/downgrades, and resignations. Ensures that
promotional credits granted to new members expire on the proper due
- Creates the incoming new member file and ensures the accurate
completion of designated documentation.
- Accountable for ongoing maintenance of member files, accurately
recording pertinent activity and paperwork.
- Ensures that member files are stored in a secure location.
- Leads the content, production/packaging, and delivery of a
thorough and accurate onboarding of every new member, ensuring
- The entire process follows a structured plan.
- The materials are professionally presented.
- The orientation agenda includes key department leads.
- The member gains and understanding of every element of the
club, how to use it, and who the individual department leads
- Leads the marketing efforts outlined in the Membership Growth
and Communication Plans such as paid digital efforts, new homeowner
outreach initiatives, realtor relations, etc.
- Manages Bookcliff Country Club social media platforms
(Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube) and ensures delivery of
consistent, up-to-date, high quality and engaging content
reflective of Bookcliff Country Club's brand.
- Designs and executes a monthly Club Newsletter that features
content from each department.
- Engages with the Bookcliff Country Club website platform in the
- Update calendars, events, menus, hours of operation, event
- Coordinates, edits and sends email communications on behalf of
Club Departments, the Board of Directors and its Committees.
- Coordinates content collection and lead point on the website
functionality and performance.
- Contributes to the overall success of the club and community by
consistently interacting with members, coworkers, and management
with a positive attitude and focus on culture of hospitality,
leadership and mutual respect.
- Supportive team player who actively contributes in staff
meetings and effectively communicates information that helps all
associates increase their understanding of membership goals,
changes to policies and procedures, activities/process related to
member activities, satisfaction and retention.
- Supports the General Manager with administrative functions and
performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or Hospitality
- A minimum of 3 years in Sales and Marketing Experience.
- Previous experience in private club environments preferred, but
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in
- Must be highly computer efficient, capable, and comfortable
with using multiple graphic computer programs and styles.
Proficient on social media platforms;
- Strong organizational skills: time management, attention to
detail, ability to self-start.
- Ability to multi-task and produce high-quality results with
- A Team Player: ability to work in cooperatively with other
departments, committees and Board Members to attain club
- Familiarity with Jonas System Software is preferred
- Experience with ad creation is preferred.
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is
Keywords: Troon Golf, L.L.C., Grand Junction , Sales and Marketing Director, Other , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!