Dry Press Set Up II
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: June 8, 2021
It's exciting to work for a company that makes the world
We're committed to bringing safety, quality, and customer focus
to the business of advanced ceramics manufacturing.
Dry Press Set Up II
Responsible for the complex setup, adjustment, and maintenance
of high tech, industrial, heavy-duty compaction equipment to
provide the ability to operators to produce high quality ceramic
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Proficient with micro-processor control systems within area of
- Operates and adjusts machinery making complex process
adjustments until target parameters have been achieved utilizing
experience on a variety of compaction machines.
- Performs advanced product inspection utilizing tools such as
x-ray; understands complex inspection techniques including
geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Utilizes mechanical aptitude and knowledge of compaction
equipment and ceramic powder to troubleshoot and diagnose
malfunctions/abnormalities; engages proper authority when necessary
to correct malfunction.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment
performance, and quality of product, participates on and may lead
teams to determine root cause, scrap issues, or other technical
- May provide training/cross-training in equipment and process
operations to ensure employees are in compliance of departmental
and safety standards.
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of compaction tooling
- Is proficient at using the manufacturing computer system to
accurately transfer parts, scrap, and/or any other transactions
necessary to maintain and record required data.
- May utilize Statistical Process Control (SPC) software to
monitor and control production processes.
- Assists and/or performs in any and all areas as assigned. May
work any and all shifts/days as required.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years' dry press set-up experience.
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understands and performs basic and complex set-ups on the
majority of compaction and other equipment within the department,
initiating process improvements as required.
- Understands the principals and properties of powder compaction,
material characterization and their impacts on production.
- Understands and can interpret blueprint information and
- Performs detail oriented tasks requiring good eye-hand
- Performs tasks using intermediate language and math
- Intermediate Computer skills.
- Must be able to work with a diverse variety of people from
different cultures and backgrounds
Target Hiring Range
: $0.00 - $0.00
Actual compensation is commensurate with experience, skills and
education. CoorsTek strives to give all qualified applicants equal
opportunity and to make selection decisions on job related factors.
Do not provide any information on the application which will
indicate your race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic
information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law
If you like working for a company that makes a real difference
in the world, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Keywords: CoorsTek, Grand Junction , Dry Press Set Up II, Other , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!