Customer Service Specialist (Mon-Friday 8:30am-5pm)
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Customer Service Specialist (Mon-Friday 8:30am-5pm)
Grand Junction, CO, USA Req #411
Tuesday, June 1, 2021
AdaptHealth is a premier full-service home medical equipment
company in the United States offering a full-scope of
cost-efficient HME and respiratory care products and services that
aim to keep patients comfortable and thriving in their own homes.
We are dedicated to pursuing better and use technology, process and
the power of our national network to do so. We have a relentless
commitment to using innovation to transform the durable medical
equipment industry, break the status quo and provide the best
Customer Service Specialists are responsible for learning and
understanding the entire front-end process to ensure successful
service for our patients. The Customer Service Specialists works in
a fast-paced environment answering inbound calls and making
outbound calls. Maybe responsible for obtaining, analyzing, and
verifying the accuracy of information received from referrals,
creating orders, and or scheduling the patient to receive equipment
as ordered by their doctor. Customer Service Specialists should
educate Patients of their financial responsibility when
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintain working knowledge of current products and
services offered by the company
- Answers all calls and emails in a timely manner, in adherence
to their goals
- Documents all call information according to standard operating
- Answers questions about products and services, retail stores,
general service line information and other information as necessary
based on customer call needs
- Processes orders, route calls to appropriate resource, and
follow up on customer calls where necessary
- Reviews all required documentation to ensure accuracy
- Accurately process, verify, and/or submit documentation and
- Completes insurance verification to determine patients
eligibility, coverage, co-insurances, and deductibles
- Obtains pre-authorization if required by an insurance carrier
and process physician orders to insurance carriers for approval and
authorization when required
- Navigates through multiple online EMR systems to obtain
- Enters and review all pertinent information in EMR system
including authorizations and expiration dates
- Communicates with Customer Service and Management on an
on-going basis regarding any noticed trends with insurance
- Verifies insurance carriers are listed in the companys database
system, if not request the new carrier is entered
- Contacts patient when documentation received does not meet
payer guidelines to provide updates and offers additional options
to facilitate the referral process.
- Meets quality assurance requirements and other key performance
- Facilitates resolution on customer complaints and problem
- Pays attention to detail and has great organizational
- Actively listens to patients and handle stressful situations
with compassion and empathy
- Remains flexible with the actual work and the hours of
- Utilizes company provided tools to maintain quality. Some tools
may include but are not limited to Authorization Guidelines,
Insurance Guidelines, Fee Schedules, NPI (National Provider
Identifier), PECOS (the Medicare Provider Enrollment, Chain, and
Ownership System) and How-To documents
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of current HME
products and services offered by the company.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and functions within the
guidelines of HIPAA.
- Completes assigned compliance training and other educational
programs as required.
- Maintains compliant with AdaptHealths Compliance Program.
- Assists operations with on-call responsibilities as needed
during non-business hours in accordance with company policy.
- May assist Operations with deliveries.
- Retains knowledge of and consistently adheres to procedures for
the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), infection control
and hazardous materials handling.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Competency, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to
- Decision making skills
- Excellent ability to communicate both verbally and in
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft
- Solid ability to learn new technologies and possess the
technical aptitude required to understand flow of data through
systems as well as system interaction
- General knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial health
plan methodologies and documentation requirements preferred.
- Works well independently and as part of a group
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a rapidly changing
environment, remains patient, accountable, proactive, takes
initiative and works effectively on a team
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year work related experience in health care
administrative, financial, or insurance customer services, claims,
billing, call center or management regardless of industry.
- Senior level requires two (2) years of work-related experience
and one (1) year of exact job experience.
- Exact job experience is considered any of the above tasks in a
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Work environment may be stressful at times, as overall office
activities and work levels fluctuate
- Must be able to bend, stoop, stretch, stand, and sit for
extended periods of time
- Subject to long periods of sitting and exposure to computer
- Ability to perform repetitive motions of wrists, hands, and/or
fingers due to extensive computer use
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds as needed
- May be exposed to upset customers or patients.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, loud noise, extreme
heat/cold, direct, or indirect contact with airborne, bloodborne,
and/or other potentially infectious pathogen.
- This position if primarily performed within an office
- Excellent ability to effectively communicate both verbally and
written with customers with the ability to demonstrate empathy,
compassion, courtesy, and respect for privacy
- Paid Time Off
AdaptHealth is an equal opportunity employer and does not
unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for
employment on the basis of an individuals race, color, religion,
creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, or any other status protected by applicable law. This
policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of
employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation,
promotion, discipline, and termination.
Keywords: AdaptHealth, Grand Junction , Customer Service Specialist (Mon-Friday 8:30am-5pm), Other , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!