Health Services Director
Company: Grand Villa
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: June 7, 2021
We currently have an opening for a Health Services
Director in our long-standing, reputable, faith-based assisted
living community in the Colorado area.The Health Services Director
assures that the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of
residents are met by selecting, leading and training quality care
staff. Assures all state and federal regulations and care standards
are met. Provides excellent customer service to residents,
families, staff, visitors, and vendors.
- Medical Insurance - HDHP or PPO (Full-time employees only)
- Vision/Dental/Life Insurance (Full-time employees only)
- FSA or HSA (Full-time employees only)
- Company matching 403(b) Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Personal, Sick and Holidays
- Wages on Demand
- Paid Volunteer Program
- These benefits may be reduced depending on FT, PT, PRN or
temporary job status. To receive certain benefits, eligible
employees may be required to meet participation requirements and
pay required premiums and other contributions.
- Recruits, screens, and selects care staff that are
compassionate and desire to assist the elderly and disabled.
- Staffs the care unit(s) in a cost efficient manner while
assuring a high standard of care is provided.
- Leads the staff by providing expectations of performance and
following up to assure the expectations are met. Appraises the
performance of care staff and personally reviews strengths, goals,
and areas for improvement with them.
- Provides training to staff that encourages team performance,
instructs them on technical and medical issues and policies and
- Monitors and assists with personal care of residents, including
but not limited to bathing, dressing, oral hygiene, and shaving,
toileting, ambulating and transferring.
- Assesses potential and current residents to ensure appropriate
placement for their current level of care.
- Maintains current knowledge and implements policies and
procedures in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Forms and maintains a positive and informative relationship
with residents and their families.
- Meets with families and residents to provide information and
answer questions regarding residents care.
- Monitors all clinical records to assure accurate, current and
complete information in accordance with state and federal
- Is the clinical leader when meeting with State Regulatory
Agencies. Assists Executive Director in development of Plans of
Correction for clinical deficiencies as needed.
- Maintains and is responsible for the budget of the resident
care unit(s). Assures supplies, staff and equipment meet budgeted
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor that
encourages a positive nurturing environment for the residents,
families, vendors, and guests.
- Maintains a positive customer service environment and practices
honesty and integrity in all aspects of performance.
- Is a positive role model for resident care staff.
- Represents the community in marketing and provides tours of the
facility that show how the potential residents needs may be
- Maintains confidentiality of residents personal information in
and out of the community and protects and supports residents
- Communicates with residents, families, visitors and employees
in a positive manner using excellent customer service skills.
Managerial Breadth/Scope of Job: Provides direct
supervisor of all direct care staff. May assume supervision of
facility in administrators absence as required and requested.
Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful, sometimes demanding
- Knowledgeable of state and federal regulations for assisted
- Ability to teach and train resident care staff.
- Ability to schedule staff and cover shifts as needed.
- Ability to formulate and write policies and procedures.
- Ability and skills to lead others and foster an environment
that is receptive to change for improvement of quality resident
- Possess excellent time management and prioritization
- Possess a current valid drivers license with safe driving
- Knowledgeable of conflict resolution techniques and the skills
- Education and Licensure: Current R.N. or LPN license.
- Experience: Proven, positive leadership experience in a
geriatric care environment.
Working Environment/Physical Requirements: Environment
includes residents who may have memory problems, incontinence, and
need assistance with ambulation. Position may require some
strenuous physical work. Heavy lifting, pushing or pulling of
objects up to 100 pounds occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds
Bethesda Senior Living Communities reserves the right to pay a
wage/salary that is lower or higher than the above posted
Keywords: Grand Villa, Grand Junction , Health Services Director, Other , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!