Business Development Manager - Builder (Grand Junction)
Company: Mohawk Industries
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we re committed to more more customer
solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable
manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the
best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start
or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what s important
to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or
create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
The BDM position represents the strategic business development
leader, within an assigned geography, for all sales related to
residential new construction and multi-family replacement. This
position primarily acts as a single point of contact to end-users
with intent to build Mohawk as the exclusive brand for all
categories of floor covering. Specifically, the successful Builder
Specifier reduces complexity for end-users by aligning Mohawk's
strengths with the customers needs to create success for all
members of the supply chain, including but not limited to:
builders, management companies, and their servicing subcontractors.
Secondarily, yet strategically significant, the Builder Specifier
grows Mohawk's brand reputation and specification with architects,
designers, and general contractors.
The primary brands related to specification
Portico by Mohawk: Specifically devoted to
support the new construction.
Properties by Mohawk: Specifically devoted to
Mohawk Family of Brands: (Hard and Soft) Where
necessary based on the strategic goals.
Mohawk Commercial: Where necessary and in
conjunction with the Mohawk Commercial sales team
Daltile: As the lead brand for large national
contracts and in conjunction with the Daltile sales team.
- Develop and maintain an active marketing and sales plan with
Mohawk and DalTile sales teams to drive ongoing, contractual
business with end-users through all channels (carpet, ceramic,
wood, vinyl, laminate). This includes understanding and
communicating to the sales and management team the relationship
between end-users and their existing dealers.
- Call on current and prospective end-users to specify Mohawk as
the supplier of all residential flooring categories (carpet,
ceramic, wood, vinyl, laminate), while maintaining consistent and
ongoing communication with the relevant subcontractors.
- Customer types include:
- Single Family Home Builders
- Multi-Family Home Builders and Developers
- Property Management Firms
- Flooring Subcontractors
- Architect and Design Firms
- General contractor
- Understand end-user's internal structure and identify all
important personnel in the sale process including but not limited
- Procurement / Purchasing Managers
- Construction Managers
- Project Management / Maintenance Managers
- Design Managers and or Design Company
- Cultivate relationships with customers during generally long
selling cycles (12 - 24 months) and maintain the relationship after
- Actively participate in appropriate Builder Industry
- Socialize with key decision makers
- Servicing subcontractors and flooring dealers
- Other similar relationship development interaction.
- Manage compliance with all division policies and procedures
such the Model Home Order entry process and end-user registration
- Understand the competitive environment. Produce and distribute
usage, sales data and floor covering information related to
end-users to Mohawk sales and management personnel.
- Manage sample orders and coordinate sample placement including
Model / Design Center set-ups.
- Perform rebate reconciliation, product mix management, and
presentations to the end-users. Such reports include upgrade
percentages, sales mix analysis, value engineering, etc. Revise
product selection as needed and, when necessary, forecasting to
management changes that may impact service.
- Conduct product knowledge and sales training meetings where
relevant with end-users.
- Product-Mix Management - Analyze end-user usage reports and
revise product selection as needed. Where necessary this shall
include forecasting to management any changes that may impact
- Bachelor s degree or job specific work experience combined with
equivalent training/education to successfully perform the essential
functions of the job
- 6-8 years of direct work experience in builder operations
and/or residential flooring sales; experience selling hard and/or
soft surface flooring products preferred
- Knowledge of key Builder/ Multifamily customers in assigned
- Ability to independently call on and service
Builder/Multifamily customers as needed
- Intermediate skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes and
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under little or no
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal
skills, and negotiation skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and demonstrate solid
time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple
deadlines and changing priorities to produce a large volume of high
quality material with meticulous attention to detail
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that
creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces
around the world. Mohawk s vertically integrated manufacturing and
distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the
production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and
vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded
products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the
marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction
requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the
industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC,
Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step.
During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an
American carpet manufacturer into the world s largest flooring
company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe,
India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace
and a proud Drugs Don t Work participant.
Keywords: Mohawk Industries, Grand Junction , Business Development Manager - Builder (Grand Junction), Other , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!