General Manager - Mesa Mall
Company: Washington Prime Group
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: June 5, 2021
Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Serves as the goodwill ambassador for the venue and is the
primary advocate of the asset. Is highly regarded as a dynamic
presence within their respective catchment by the corporate office,
social, charitable, municipal and educational institutions:
- Possess apparent style and relevance that is congruent with the
socioeconomic and sociocultural characteristics of the demographic
constituency served by the venue.
- Is engrained in the community, involved with organizations,
local government and external trade groups that provide measurable
opportunity to positively impact company objectives.
- Masterfully combines gravitas with innovation (e.g. commands
respect while serving as a change agent).
- Maintains a proactive stance as it relates to procuring
differentiated local and regional tenancy as well as sponsorship
- Regularly and frequently canvasses the market and industry,
serving as a de facto venture capitalist regarding the
identification of the most interesting merchants, service
providers, entertainment venues and food and beverage purveyors
within the catchment.
- In addition to identification of prospective partnerships, has
unequivocal knowledge of the Washington Prime Group tool kit and
ensures it is fully leveraged (e.g. what we can offer a prospect
including common area and outdoor utilization, physical marketing
collaboration, event planning, social media, technology support,
demographic analysis, etc.)
- Cultivates existing relationships to include merchants, service
providers, business partners, sponsors and all others. Ensures a
user-friendly environment that allows each to flourish, via sales
and guest traffic.
- Driver of the business and principal leader of a team that is
dedicated to the venue. In effect runs a company / asset that
clearly recognizes and respects the significance of its role as a
- Recruits, develops, motivates and retains a high performing
- Has detailed understanding of regional developments and
proactively communicates such with partners cross-functionally, to
include Leasing, Specialty Leasing, Development, Sponsorship and
- The General Manager is not operationally centric, but is
- Tracking and maximizing the financial performance of the asset,
to include all income, expenses, capital improvements, budgets,
forecasts, sales and traffic generation.
- Commanding the daily and emergency operating requirements of
the venue, as well as formation of long-term strategic plans that
ensure the provision of a high quality asset.
- Heavily leveraging regional and corporately provided support to
maximize efficiency of all operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills (Desired Abilities):
- Strong communication skills: oral, written, presentation, and
- People leadership skills, coupled with a focus upon team
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Creative and dynamic in attitude and style
- Adaptable to a rapidly changing environment
- A strong value system, unquestioned integrity and good
- Exercise good judgment skills
- Ability to think innovatively and implement with a sense of
- Strong negotiation / sales skillset
- Problem solver - ability to identify problems and bring issues
to resolution proactively
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize and meet
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient on Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access,
Washington Prime Group offers:
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including
health, dental, 401k with no vesting schedule, and paid time
- On-going learning opportunities within a rewarding work
- Career experiences that can span different WPG departments and
functions with opportunities for personal and professional
Keywords: Washington Prime Group, Grand Junction , General Manager - Mesa Mall, Other , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!