Geospatial Systems Administrator
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: August 29, 2020
Description Job Description:Leidos is a Fortune 500--- company
aimed at embracing and solving some of the world's most pressing
challenges. Through science and technology, LLeidos is looking for
an experienced professional with a geospatial systems management
background to support our Department of Energy customer in Grand
Junction, CO.-- The Geospatial Systems Administrator is responsible
for the planning, design review, coordination, testing and
implementation of geospatial and data sharing technology within an
interdisciplinary environment.-- This person may also be
responsible for administration of some of the tools that support
enterprise geospatial systems.Primary Responsibilities:
- Documentation of constraints and requirements related to
development of an enterprise geospatial system built on ESRI ArcGIS
- Technical oversight and guidance for the Enterprise Geospatial
Database Administrator, Enterprise Web Administrator, and
Enterprise Geospatial Application Developer as well as for
technical experts in the IT organization related to optimum
configuration of geospatial systems.
- Decomposition of requirements into work tasks.
- Management, tracking, and right sizing of software licensing
based on usage and efficiency.
- Creation and oversight of change management and configuration
control process and procedures.
- Providing specifications for virtual machine configuration
management, administration, and Citrix configuration management and
- Reviewing project requirements and recommend appropriate
hardware and/or software configurations.
- Supporting installation, configuration, testing,
troubleshooting, and performance tuning ArcGIS Enterprise GIS
- Software and hardware planning.
- Leading spatial management systems architecture design and
- Explaining technical issues and solutions clearly and patiently
to audiences of widely varying technical abilities.
- Collaborating with IT staff to understand network configuration
and security policies and advising on infrastructure development to
support spatial data management solutions.
- Collaborating with IT staff to understand GIS server and
workstation infrastructure and ensuring that it is up to date,
secure and correctly licensed.
- Writing clear user and administrator documentation, training
materials and technical portions of project proposals.
- Evaluating new/emerging technologies and how they might be of
use to DOE LMRequired Qualifications and Skills:
- BA/BS in computer science, system engineering, GIS, Systems
management, geography or a related discipline.
- GISP or Esri Technical Certification.
- At least 5 years of experience performing enterprise
engineering, administration, development, and design.
- At least 3 years of experience with operation and management of
Esri / ArcGIS software (Desktop and Server technologies)
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in supporting an
enterprise GIS technology solution including troubleshooting,
system and business analysis, process design, configuration,
testing, implementation, and production support
- Implementation experience using the Spatial Data Standard for
Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDFIE).
- Experience across a broad range of IT related skill areas
including networking, security, server installation, desktop and
handheld support, enterprise applications, web applications and
- Strong knowledge of ArcGIS Enterprise software including
installation, configuration, optimization and creation of all
currently available service types
- Experience with design, integration and implementation of
ArcGIS for Server-based enterprise GIS solutions
- Ability and willingness to create complete and detailed
documentation (architecture, troubleshooting, procedures,
specifications, proposals etc.)
- Awareness of virtual computing environments and application
- Knowledge of and experience with the Spatial Data Standard for
Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment would be ideal.--This
position requires successful completion of a HSPD-12 government
background check to access government facilities and/or systems.
Due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required. Leidos
is growing! Connect with us on and .--We value and support the
well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit
packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility,
an exciting , and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In
fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the "" by the Ethisphere
Institute for the third consecutive year.External Referral
Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level
Required:NoneTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly
Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:SCA
Systems SupportLeidos is a Fortune 500-- information technology,
engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to
solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence,
homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000
employees support vital missions for government and commercial
customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported
annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year
ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit .Pay and
benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we
craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work
we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive
compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid
Leave and Retirement. More details are available .Leidos will never
ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the
employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with
you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email
address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that
asks for payment-related information or any other personal
information, please report the email to .All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion,
physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry,
domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis
prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with
Keywords: Leidos, Grand Junction , Geospatial Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!