Medical Assistant - Lead
Company: SCL Health
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: September 10, 2019
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Lead
Your compassion is tangible: patients feel it in the hand they
hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your
Youre generous with your thoughts, your time and especially your
voice, because your opinion matters.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something
even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be
strong, the right team is invincible.
SCL Health Medical Group is part of SCL Health, a faith-based,
nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered
care. With locations throughout Colorado, Montana and Wyoming, we
offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your
family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision
coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it
encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve
launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health.
Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools,
tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also
offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well
encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and
high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of
spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to
As a Lead Medical Assistant, you need to know how to:
* Direct and guide back office staff in providing patient care
procedures and services.
* Monitor and expedite workflow, assist in identifying and
providing guidance in resolving procedure and service issues.
* Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information,
such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and
* May draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare
specimens for laboratory analysis.
* Administer ordered medications via, oral, topical, rectal, optic,
ophthalmic, and/or inhaled.
* Administer vaccines via oral, topically, by injection, and/or
* Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follow up to ensure
completion of testing.
* Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment,
keep patient exam rooms clean and orderly, dispose of contaminated
items according to protocol.
* Communicate with patient regarding test results and plan of care
by phone or mail as directed by physician.
* Formulate and document patient care plans, charts, tests and
examination results in the medical record.
* Handle medical supply inventory, orders, and cost control.
* Escalate non-routine issues to the practice manager or
* Step in to provide care and assessments based on the clinic scope
of your license.
* May be asked to provide input into employee performance
appraisals, interviewing new staff and providing orientation and
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which
is why we require:
* High school diploma or equivalent, required
* Current BLS OR ACLS certification, required
* Minimum of two (2) years of related experience in a front or back
office clinic setting, required
* Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program,
* Successful completion of an Accredited National Certification
Exam (i.e.: AAMA or AMT) for Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or
Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), preferred
YOUR NEXT MOVE.
Now that you know more about being a Lead Medical Assistant on our
team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day
how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis
of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or
access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or
activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and
Keywords: SCL Health, Grand Junction , Medical Assistant - Lead, Healthcare , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!