Community Health Aide I
Company: Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: September 10, 2019
With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you?ll
serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who
come to us for care. You?ll grow your skills and expertise in a
challenging environment, and experience a community environment
within a community that will embrace you as one of their
own.Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim
Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully
accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics,
obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine
clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.?Position Summary:
Provides primary (acute, chronic and preventive) health care and
emergency care to those seeking health services at the village
clinic.Position Qualifications:Must be a resident of the village or
agree to relocate to a village for the purpose of serving as a
Community Health Aide/Practitioner.? Has the ability to communicate
in English and prefer the ability to speak the local language of
that village.? Must be willing and able to travel to Bethel and/or
other training sites to attend basic training sessions and other
required trainings.? Required to participate in preventative and
chronic care activities as appropriate to level of training.? Must
agree to abide by CHAP policies and procedures while in training
and in the village.? Able to provide year round coverage including
summers.? Willing and able to provide itinerant (?float?) coverage
to other YKHC villages as assigned.*Full Time Float CHA/Ps will
function in the same capacity as all other CHA/Ps.? The exception
being they will serve villages on an itinerant basis as determined
by the Field Supervision Coordinator.
- Be at least 18 yeats old.?
- High school diploma or completion of GED preferred.?
- Must demonstrate ability to read, write and perform math at the
6th grade level although 8th grade level is preferred.
- Positive work history.?
- Must be nominated by Traditional or IRA Council of the village
that he/she will be providing service.
- Must attend Health Aide Sessions I, II, III, IV to become a
- Must be certified ETT or EMT.?
- If rehired, must be certified and meet YKHC re-entry
- Experience with Microsoft Word and email.
- Must be proficient with RPMS and Telehealth within 3 months of
- Mathematical skills:
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.?
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.?
- Language skills:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.?
- Ability to write simple correspondence.?
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.?
- May be tasked to be a Lead Health Aide.Benefits Include:
- Generous PTO ? beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness CenterYKHC is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis
protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance
in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human
Resources directly.Preference is given to Alaska Native/American
Indian applicants who meet minimum requirements according to the
provisions of P.L. 93-638.Working Together to Achieve Excellent
www.ykhc.orgFor more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment
at: email@example.com or 1-800-478-8905
Keywords: Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation, Grand Junction , Community Health Aide I, Healthcare , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!