Behavioral Health Provider - LPC - Marillac Clinic
Company: SCL Health
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: August 13, 2019
As part of the patient-centered health model at Marillac Clinic,
this position provides integrated behavioral health services to
patient currently receiving primary care services within the
patient centered medical home model. The behavioral health provider
will work in an integrated team-based model of care, providing
behavioral health consultation to patients in order to improve
psychosocial functioning and health. Responsibilities include:
providing assessment, consultation, and brief intervention for
psychological/psychiatric, behavioral, medical problems and/or
disorders; assisting the primary care team in developing care
management processes such as the use of guidelines, disease
management techniques, case management, and patient education to
improve self-management of chronic diseases. In collaboration with
the Behavioral Health program management, the behavioral health
provider will also provide orientation, consultation, and ongoing
training to pertinent primary care staff as needed in order to
strengthen the relationship between primary care and behavioral
health services and ensure a team-based model of health care
- Knowledge of psychological and cognitive and substance abuse
- Knowledge of effective psychological interventions for Marillac
- Must be flexible and productive in an environment that has
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work
collaboratively with primary care staff, patients and other
behavioral health clinicians.
- Must work well with others in a team-based integrated care
- Understand the relationship between medical and psychological
aspects of health and disease.
- Apply the biopsychosocial model to the primary care setting,
and demonstrate knowledge of pharmacotherapy.
- Apply population-based healthcare principles; provide services
to all patients (not just those with diagnosed mental health
- Demonstrate knowledge of interventions that can be used by
members of the primary care team.
- Excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and
evidence-based treatment for medical and mental health
- Ability to collaborate with medical and dental providers in the
treatment of psychosocial issues.
- Sensitivity to low income and ethnic minority community a
- Ability to work in a fast paced primary care clinic.
- Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health.
- Provide consultation and assistance to medical providers on the
management of behavioral health concerns in primary care.
- Conduct brief screenings to evaluate the needs of adults,
adolescents, and children for behavioral health intervention, case
management, or ongoing medical, behavioral, mental health or
addiction treatment. Provide referrals for more intensive services
- Perform focused assessment and rapid problem identification,
use 15-to 30-minute visits, limit problem definition and address
patients needs with limited follow-up.
- Provide short-term behavioral interventions to engage and
motivate patients to actively manage their medical and behavioral
health care. Conduct follow-up as appropriate based on assessment
- Conduct group visits (dual visits with medical providers,
medical group visits, and/or self-management groups) which are
medically, behaviorally, or skill based.
- Provide motivational interviewing to develop behavioral
strategies aimed at symptom reduction.
- Participate in ongoing training in behavioral health issues and
provide consultation and training to primary care clinic staff in
mental health and behavioral medicine topics including, but not
limited to communication skills, brief interventions, counseling
skills, medication use and misuse, substance abuse, health
promotion, rehabilitation, and evidence based approaches to
self-management support, such as patient coaching and motivational
- Provide Self-Care Plan development and skills training to
facilitate disease self-management, improved coping, distress
tolerance, stress reduction, and relaxation.
- Establish and maintain a current listing of community resources
to meet the needs of the target population. Develop and maintain
collaborative working relationships with community providers.
Initiate collaborative contacts, disseminate information and make
referrals to the appropriate services as needed.
- Complete accurate and timely documentation in patients medical
- Participate in regular multidisciplinary case conferences with
medical providers as needed. Provides case-by-case assistance and
consultation on behavioral health issues affecting patients.
- Assists medical staff by indicating the degree and severity of
psychosocial and emotional factors adversely affecting
- Complete population health projects as assigned and
panel-manage patients in collaboration with other medical,
behavioral health staff.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications,
establishing personal networks, and participating in professional
- Performs all functions according to established policies,
procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as
applicable professional standards.
- Provides all customer with an excellent service experience by
consistently demonstrating core mission and leader behaviors each
and every day.The list below is also considered to be essential
functions of your position and all associates within SCL Health are
expected to meet the following in their day-to-day work:
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on
- Be available to work overtime, if needed
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others
- Be respectful of all with whom you interact and follow the SCL
Health Service Behaviors
- Be well groomed and dressed appropriately for your role
- Be in compliance with the drug and alcohol policies
- Be sufficiently rested to perform your duties throughout the
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn
- Be able to communicate clearly, think clearly, and concentrate
on assigned tasks.
Required Credentials and Experience:
- Masters degree in counseling with independent licensure as LPCC
- Previous experience working with adult populations within
ethnically and culturally diverse families.
- Minimum experience 3 years.
- Ability to work independently, organize tasks, problem-solve,
make decisions, and handle multiple priorities.
Preferred Credentials and Experience:
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- English required
Keywords: SCL Health, Grand Junction , Behavioral Health Provider - LPC - Marillac Clinic, Healthcare , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!