Surgery Specialty Coordinator
Company: SCL Health
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: February 2, 2019
Surgery Specialty Coordinator (SSC) RN OR St. Marys Medical Center You. You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Surgery Specialty Coordinator (SSC). Youre generous with your compassion, your empathy and especially your voice, because your opinion matters. You know how to move fast. You know how to stay organized. You know how to have fun. Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible. Us. We are happy to offer up to $30,000 in relocation and hiring incentives to full time, experienced RNs to help you begin your career with us.
St. Marys Medical Center is home to twelve state-of-the-art surgical suites, and two DaVinci Robots, with a Cardiovascular Hybrid OR. We are a Level II Trauma Center which functions more like a Level I, because we are the largest most specialized hospital between Denver and Salt Lake City. Our service lines include: Bariatrics, Robotics, General Surgery, Orthopedics including Ortho-Trauma and Ortho-Spine, Neuro-surgery, OB-GYN, Cardiovascular and Thoracic (including open heart), ENT, Plastics, Pediatrics, and Urology. We pride ourselves in providing the finest, most advanced, personalized patient care in Western Colorado. St. Marys Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 346-bed regional medical center is in Grand Junction, one of the most beautiful places on earth. Our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning. We. Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well honor each others dignity and surpass the standards we set. Well encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity. Your day
As a SSC you know that every day is different, which is why you need to know how to:
- Manage staff for the service line
- Mentor associates to peak performance within Service Line specialty.
- Monitor daily work to improve service line efficiency (on time starts, turnover times etc.)
- Facilitate case flow, address conflicts, counsel appropriately, communicate clearly and maintain confidentiality in associate interactions.
- Delegate to Lead Technologist appropriate work to improve service line performance
- Serve as primary surgeon interface
- Actively solicit surgeon input for service line improvement.
- Engage surgeons in development of capital and operational budgets.
- Solicit feedback on methods to increase surgical volume.
- Monitor and improve turnover efficiency.
- Develop plans for service line growth in concert with overall surgical growth plans.
- Maintain active presence in operating rooms during surgical procedures for service line.
- Seek consensus among surgeons within service line related to products and services offered.
- Monitor and coordinate supplies and equipment for service line.
- Provide direct patient care as needed.
- Maintain preference cards.
- Manage supply costs.
- Develop and implement capital equipment plans.
- Coordinate staff, physician education.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- ASN from an accredited program
- BSN from an accredited program required within 4 years of your hire
- Current Colorado RN license
- Current BLS certification
- Two years of nursing experience in a comparable setting preferred
Your next move Now that you know more about being a SSC on our team we hope youll join us. At St. Marys Medical Center youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place. Join our highly skilled team and call one of Colorados best kept secrets your home. Enjoy diverse year round recreation including skiing, rafting the CO River, hunting, fishing the 400 lakes on beautiful Grand Mesa, mountain biking, golf, and hiking. Embrace the awe inspiring landscapes of the Colorado National Monument and enjoy the bountiful gifts of Colorados wine country. Advance your career with us at St. Marys and discover the magic that is Western Colorado.
Keywords: SCL Health, Grand Junction , Surgery Specialty Coordinator, Healthcare , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!