Neonatal Nurse Practitioner - NNP - NICU - Grand Junction
Company: SCL Health
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: December 30, 2018
St. Marys is looking to add one full time Neonatal Nurse Practitioner to our NICU team. Fast Facts about St. Marys:
- 346 bed acute care facility
- 34 bed ICU
- Level II Trauma Center
- Primary referral center for western Colorado and eastern Utah St. Marys is the largest regional medical center between Denver and Salt Lake City
Fast Facts about Grand Junction
- Grand Junction, CO, founded in 1896, population 146,000
- Awe-inspiring natural beauty and dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
- 300+ days of sunshine a year, four seasons, and a delightfully arid high-desert climate
- Exhilarating outdoor adventures including fishing, trail running, hiking, camping, biking, and skiing on the Grand Mesa
- Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
- Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
- A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
- The heart of Colorado's wine country
- Close to world-famous destinations like Moab, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
- St. Marys proudly employs 2020 associates, and supports a medical staff of 434 physicians
The Nurse Practitioner works in collaboration with physicians to provide examinations, diagnosis, and treatment of both chronic and episodic disorders. The Nurse Practitioner provides the care and treatment of patients within the scope of practice defined and agreed to by medicine, nursing, and administration. An incumbent seeks the expert opinion or advice of a physician whenever the incumbent decides a case falls outside the scope authorized by policies and protocol. The Nurse Practitioner plans and implements and a physician reviews and confirms health care goals for patients. The Nurse Practitioner remains responsible for the patient throughout the course of the treatment, provides the physical examination, the diagnosis, and the health care plan, determines when the patient has recovered, and releases the patient. The Nurse Practitioner may refer the patient to physicians for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment but retains responsibility for clinical management as well as any subsequent modification.
- Assumes ongoing responsibility for each patient from discovery of the disorder to recovery.
- Performs complete physical examinations, including ordering, interpreting and evaluating diagnostic tests and examinations.
- Diagnoses and treats both chronic and episodic disorders including complications of otherwise normal processes such as pregnancy or childhood development.
- Establishes and documents the health care plan and prognosis, maintaining records of each case that are sufficiently complete for any physician reviewing them to evaluate the effectiveness of the plan.
- Initiates drug therapy, taking responsibility for such therapy when performed prior to consultation with a physician.
- Determines when the patient has recovered from the disorder and releases the patient.
- Attend and participate in clinical team conferences regarding patient progress, problems and needs.
- Act in compliance with hospital, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Masters Degree graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, required
- Valid license/certificate as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
Keywords: SCL Health, Grand Junction , Neonatal Nurse Practitioner - NNP - NICU - Grand Junction, Healthcare , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!