Medical Laboratory Technician-SMG
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Performs and interprets designated laboratory procedures.
1. Performs serologic, chemical, bacteriologic, immunohematologic (blood bank), and microscopic procedures and related duties, to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Performs accurate and appropriate testing on laboratory specimens/collections according to established laboratory protocol and procedures. Reports results in a timely manner.
2. Troubleshoots instruments, equipment, reagents, patient specimen/product problems using standard laboratory technique as required.
3. Performs laboratory quality control, including reporting discrepancies, troubleshooting according to established procedures and protocols. Takes appropriate action to assure quality results/products are provided for use by physicians, nurses, patients. Performs daily, weekly, monthly, as needed maintenance and calibrations on instruments and equipment to meet all quality requirements. Conducts verification tests on new products, instruments, procedures which includes comparisons, statistical analysis as requested.
4. Performs quality audit data collection, technical policy/procedure development, inspection assistance, donor files under the direction of laboratory management. Maintains workflow in clinical laboratory through proficiency in testing and maintaining work areas, supply stock, monitoring and assistance in management of inventory.
5. Assists in training and orientation of new associates.
6. Promotes mission, vision, and values, and abides by service behavior standards. 7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: Bach Degree + MT(ASCP) or CLS (ASCP) + 1 yrs exp
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements list must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. 1. Regular attendance to perform work on site during regularly scheduled business hours or scheduled shifts is required. Preferred: One (1) year experience preferred.
Keywords: Equiliem, Grand Junction , Medical Laboratory Technician-SMG, Healthcare , Grand Junction, Colorado
here to apply!