Medical Assistant I
Company: Epiphany Dermatology
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Epiphany Dermatology, we're working hard to
make sure everybody has immediate access to the best skin care
possible regardless of location, insurance type, financial status,
or scheduling needs. To accomplish this, we know we need the right
people in our corner. Our employees are the key to our success and
the reason why we were able to grow from a single location in 2015
to approximately 70 clinics spanning across 12 states today. As a
token of our appreciation, we're proud to be able to offer our
employees some amazing benefits and perks including free employee
medical, dental, vision, and short-term disability options. We even
offer DailyPay as a way for staff to receive their pay early or
even daily! Most importantly, we invest in our employees'
development so when they join the Epiphany Dermatology team it's a
career, not just another job. We understand you have a lot of
options when it comes to your career however, by joining Epiphany
Dermatology you'll be part of a mission driven team of dedicated
individuals, who want to see you thrive! What we are looking
for:Medical Assistants (MA) are the backbone of our clinics and
instrumental to our success so, we're looking for someone dedicated
to providing the best care possible with a big emphasis on empathy.
Our MAs are expected to execute a variety of daily support
functions that are critical to providing quality care and ensuring
our clinic runs smoothly. The ideal candidate should be totally
comfortable demonstrating competency in all skills related to
patient care … Bonus points if you are also great at making others
smile!What you'll do:
- Maintain efficient patient flow, while supporting patient
safety and satisfaction.
- Collect and document patient information, clinical data, and
other relevant details accurately and timely while ensuring patient
- Respond to care questions or complaints to immediately
- Deliver patient care per provider orders, based on practice
guidelines and applicable regulations.
- Maintain and use principles of aseptic techniques and infection
- Practice strict adherence to all OSHA standards.
- Operate clinical equipment according to equipment
- Perform time-sensitive delegated tasks. Not limited to requests
for prescription refills, EHR alerts, and messages.
- Order, stock, and maintain exam rooms and supply storage areas
using par levels of supplies, medications, linens, forms, and
equipment. Monitor expiration dates and act accordingly.
- Participate in staff meetings and provide constructive input
for improvements and solutions.
- Other duties as assigned. If you're a hard worker with
excellent customer service skills who understands the importance of
doing your best to take care of every patient … we want to talk to
you! Interested candidates should have/be:
- Able to adjust personal availability according to volume
changes and activity surges
- The ability to adhere to a compliance program and HIPAA
standards and policies.
- Able to receive and apply constructive input for performance
improvement and growth.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Experience with EHR systems -not required but highly desired.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:Medical office,
procedure/exam room and laboratory environment may include exposure
to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens, biohazards or toxic
substances. Daily activities may include standing, walking,
sitting, bending and lifting items up to 30 lbs.Benefits:We offer
generous benefits such as Free Medical, Dental, Vision, and
Short-Term Disability for employee. We also offer 401k (with
company matching!), Employee Discounts, FSA/Dependent care, HSA,
Paid Time Off (PTO), Long Term Disability, Accident, Life
Insurance, plus more.
Keywords: Epiphany Dermatology, Grand Junction , Medical Assistant I, Healthcare , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!