Family Medicine Residency Faculty
Company: SCL Health
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: March 21, 2020
Are you ready to practice big-city medicine with a small-city
feel? Are you ready to practice at the top of your game, to provide
access to the best treatments to all your patients? If we have your
attention, read on.
You bring your mind, body, heart, and spirit to your work as a
Faculty Physician in Family Medicine.
You put your patients first, and are generous with your thoughts
and voice because you know your opinion matters.
You love what you do, and value having the support, resources, and
advanced technology to practice at the top of your game.
You are energized by the feeling that you belong to something
bigger, the people around you arent just colleagues, they feel like
an extended family.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something
even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be
strong, the right team is invincible.
St. Marys Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based,
nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered
care. Our 346-bed regional medical center is in Grand Junction, one
of the most beautiful places on earth. Our mission is to bring
health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your
family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision
coverage in addition to retirement savings plans. CME benefits,
malpractice insurance coverage, and license reimbursement are also
included as part of your employment benefits along with paid days
TO HELP YOU BEGIN YOUR CAREER WITH US, WE ARE HAPPY TO CURRENTLY
OFFER A $20,000 SIGN-ON INCENTIVE AND $10,000 RELOCATION FOR
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WITH 3 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE.
Together, well improve the health of the people in the communities
Well honor each others dignity and surpass the standards we
Well encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our
As a Faculty Physician in Family Medicine youll work with 12 other
well-established Faculty Physicians to teach Residents how to
provide top-notch care and patient experience. Throughout the day
youll collaborate with several Nurses and Medial Assistants, 2
Advanced Practice Providers, Care coordinators and integrated
behavioral health providers.
* You would practice at St. Marys Hospital and St. Marys Family
Medicine Clinic in Grand Junction, CO
* Our schedule is reasonable and palatable, it has been developed
over the years with input from all of our faculty.
* A typical week includes three clinic half days and the remainder
of the time in clinical precepting, education and administrative
* Inpatient weeks include med/peds admissions as well as OB and
newborn care. Minimum of one call shift per week of inpatient.
* Weekend coverage and intermittent call are part of the call
* Call is from home until needed in hospital.
In this line of work every day is different, thats why youll need
to be comfortable:
* Providing and managing direct inpatient and outpatient care,
including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments,
diagnoses, and treatment
* Seeing pediatrics, obstetrics, general family medicine and
* Prescribe pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment
* Refer patients to specialists, and to relevant patient care
* Train and supervise medical students and resident engaged in
specialty activities and procedures
* Serve as a collaborative physician for an advanced practice
registered nurse and/or Physician Assistant
* Direct and coordinate the patient care activities of nursing and
support staff as required
We hire people, not words on paper. But we also expect excellence,
which is why we require:
* Candidates to be board certified in Family Medicine.
* Three years practice experience preferred.
* Experience/interest in obstetrics required.
* Experience/interest in performing and teaching OMT is a
* POCUS experience desired but not mandatory.
* The ideal candidate will enjoy teaching and have a passion for
* Employment requires obtaining a Colorado license.
YOUR NEXT MOVE.
Now that you know more about being a Faculty Physician in Family
Medicine on our team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll
reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were
called to it in the first place.
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis
of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or
access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or
activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and
Keywords: SCL Health, Grand Junction , Family Medicine Residency Faculty, Healthcare , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!