Certified Pharmacy Technician
Company: SCL Health
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: February 10, 2020
We are currently offering a $1,000 Retention Bonus!
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a
Certified Pharmacy Technician.
Your attention to detail is tangible: you take pride in performing
accurate work. Colleagues feel it in your support.
Youre generous with your thoughts, your partnerships, and
especially your dedication.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something
even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be
strong, the right team is invincible.
St. Marys Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based,
nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered
care. Our 346-bed regional medical center is in Grand Junction, one
of the most beautiful places on earth. Our mission is to bring
health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your
family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision
coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it
encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve
launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health.
Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools,
tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also
offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well
encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and
high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of
spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to
As a Certified Pharmacy Tech you need to know how to:
- Assist with all phases of pharmacy services while under the
supervision of a pharmacist.
- Answer phones.
- Prepare and deliver medications for dispensing.
- Utilize pharmacy technology effectively to distribute
- Accurately fill and maintain medications supplies in the
automatic dispensing system including verifying and monitoring
controlled substance inventories as required. Package and label
medications accurately and appropriately to minimize waste. Verify
and monitor controlled substance inventories as required by daily
- Compound medications in accordance with state law and policy.
Perform calculations as necessary for accurate compounding. Prepare
medication orders (i.e., chemotherapy, IV admixtures, compounding)
according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
Prepare complex sterile compounded IV products, including daily
batch orders, stat and other emergency medications and TPN
- Maintain appropriate records as required by regulation and
- Ensure pharmacy cleanliness and orderliness.
- Assist the pharmacist in collecting clinical and other patient
information as required.
- Effectively manage pharmacy inventory to ensure security,
accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and 340B/Charging management as
- Escalate items to the pharmacist for review as appropriate
based on urgency, regulations, and scope.
- Complete advanced tasks consistent with scope as assigned by
- Participate in quality and patient safety initiatives. Identify
potential areas for improvement including processes that could be
streamlined or revised to improve patient satisfaction. Identify
potential safety hazards that may create problems for patients
and/or staff, and take appropriate actions. Participate in
departmental meetings, contributing ideas or feedback.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which
is why we require:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current Pharmacy Technician certification (CPhT) and must be
maintained during employment
- Associates or Bachelors Degree
- Technician training
- Current BLS certification endorsed by the American Heart
- At least two (2) years working as a Certified Pharmacy
Technician in a hospital or infusion pharmacy setting
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Certified Pharmacy Tech --on
our team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every
day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in
the first place.
Keywords: SCL Health, Grand Junction , Certified Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!