Graduate Nurse - OB
Company: SCL Health
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: January 15, 2020
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a
Youre ready to roll up your sleeves. Eager to ask questions. And
willing to go above and beyond to ease a patients pain.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something
even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be
strong, the right team is invincible.
St. Marys Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based,
nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered
care. Our 346-bed regional medical center is in Grand Junction, one
of the most beautiful places on earth. Our mission is to bring
health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your
family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision
coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it
encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve
launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health.
Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools,
tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and Paid Time Off. We also
offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well
honor each others dignity and surpass the standards we set. Well
encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and
high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of
spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to
As a Graduate Nurse with us, you will know how to:
* Compile and use information related to assignments, analyzing and
handling procedures and problems that involve independent judgment
and decision making.
* Comply with and maintain contemporary knowledge of the hospital,
administrative, safety and human resource policies and
* Demonstrate self-directed learning and participate in continuing
education to ensure professional growth.
* Demonstrate professionalism in interactions with patients,
physicians, nursing, staff and other patient care members and
* Assist co-workers in completing their duties to promote effective
* Demonstrate flexibility to assist in achieving safe, effective
and efficient staffing and scheduling.
* Assess and re-assess patient condition, observing and recording
significant conditions and reactions, detecting deviations from
normal, reporting findings and documenting appropriately.
* Assist and advocate appropriate interventions and care
* Initiate a patient education plan, patient care plan &/or
clinical pathways, according to the assessed individualized needs
of the patient, and as prescribed by physician and hospital policy,
including patient and family instruction.
* Respond to life saving situations based upon nursing standards,
policies and procedures and protocol.
* Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with approved nursing techniques.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which
is why we require:
* ASN / ADN from an accredited program with the ability to obtain
your BSN from an accredited program within four (4) years of hire,
* Minimum of three to six (3-6) months of relevant experience,
* Current Colorado RN license eligible, required
YOUR NEXT MOVE.
Now that you know more about being a Graduate Nurse on our team, we
hope youll join us. At SCL Health, youll reaffirm every day how
much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis
of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or
access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or
activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and
Keywords: SCL Health, Grand Junction , Graduate Nurse - OB, Healthcare , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!