Medical Assistant - MA - Orthopedics
Company: SCL Health
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: January 9, 2020
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a
Your compassion is tangible: patients feel it in the hand they
hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your
Youre generous with your thoughts, your time and especially your
passion for patient care.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something
even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be
strong, the right team is invincible.
SCL Health Medical Group is part of SCL Health, a faith-based,
nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered
care. With locations throughout Colorado, Montana and Wyoming, we
offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your
family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision
coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it
encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve
launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health.
Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools,
tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also
offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well
encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and
high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of
spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to
As a Medical Assistant you need to know how to:
* Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider while
maintaining a positive and caring attitude.
* Be attentive to patients needs, coordinate care, administer care,
and document appropriately.
* Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy
rights by observing HIPAA regulations.
* Obtain and record patient information, vital signs, height,
weight, allergies, current medications, medical history, and chief
* May be required to draw and collect blood samples and prepare
specimens for laboratory analysis.
* Per Provider request, may perform routine tests including but not
limited to EKGs, hearing and vision screens.
* Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follow up as
appropriate to ensure completion of testing.
* Communicate test results to patients and establish plan of care
by phone or mail as directed by the Provider.
* Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results
in the medical record as directed by the provider.
* Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment,
stock patient exam rooms while maintaining cleanliness and
organization, and dispose of contaminated items according to
* Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral,
injection, topical, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which
is why we require:
* High School Diploma or equivalent, required
* Current BLS certification endorsed by the American Heart
Association or the ability to obtain within 60 days of hire (with
prior approval), required
* Minimum of three (3) months of previous experience within a
healthcare setting, required
* Successful completion of initial MA onboarding program within 90
days, annual skills fair, and in-services for site specific tasks,
* Completion of an approved course of Medical Assistant study,
* Successful completion of an Accredited National Certification
Exam (i.e.: AAMA or AMT) for Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or
Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), preferred
* At least one (1) year of Medical Assistant experience,
YOUR NEXT MOVE.
Now that you know more about being a Medical Assistant on our team
we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day how
much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis
of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or
access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or
activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and
Keywords: SCL Health, Grand Junction , Medical Assistant - MA - Orthopedics, Healthcare , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!