Chief Medical Officer - CMO
Company: SCL Health
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: January 11, 2019
You. You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Chief Medical Officer. Your compassion is tangible: whether your patient is 18 or 85, they feel it in the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your support. Youre equally comfortable with providing direct patient care, serving as a liaison to the medical community, serving on a leadership team, providing management of quality medical care and executing administrative duties. Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible. Us. Marillac Health a Federally Qualified Health Clinic FQHC Marillac Health What began as a small organization for the uninsured has grown into Marillac Health, a well-known, dynamic health care organization that provides primary medical care, behavioral health care, a full scope of dental care, optical services and discounted eyeglasses. One of 1,400 Community Health Centers nationwide, annually Marillac Health serves over 10,000 patients (birth to the end of life), warmly welcoming the uninsured and under-insured, homeless persons and migrant farmworkers, persons on Medicaid, Medicare and some private insurances. The caring spirit that gave rise to Marillac is steady and strong. Louise de Marillac would be pleased. Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning. We. Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well encourage joy and take pride in our integrity. Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well say hello and high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing. Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn. Your day As a Chief Medical Officer you need to:
- Provide direct patient care approximately 50% of your time
- Provide administrative services when necessary approximately 50% of the time, however this can be reduced based on the priorities of the clinic
- Actively participates in the clinics Strategic Planning process and implements the goals and measureable outcomes while introducing timely corrective action
- Serve in rotation for the afterhours call system for the clinic
- Work closely with the Chief Operations Officer and Director of Quality to implement quality improvement processes and workflows
- Work closely with the Director of Behavioral Health, the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Dental Officer to ensure that mental health, oral health and primary care services are delivered in a seamless service delivery model by all Care Teams
- Provide oversight of the delivery of medical care by clinic staff and providers to build a knowledgeable medical team which provides collaborative quality care in keeping with adopted benchmarks and cost effective practices.
- Lead the recruitment effort for all clinical staff and providers. This includes, and is not limited to, recruitment, evaluation and setting realistic and attainable goals, supervision, corrective/disciplinary action etc. Your experience We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- MD or DO, Board Certified in Family Practice or Internal Medicine.
- Valid license/DEA in the jurisdiction of the clinic
- Five years experience in clinical leadership preferred
- Experience in a FQHC, or rural healthcare clinic, setting preferred
- Masters in Business Administration or other advanced management degree a plus Your next move Now that you know more about being a Chief Medical Officer on our team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Keywords: SCL Health, Grand Junction , Chief Medical Officer - CMO, Executive , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!