Field Project Manager - Grand Junction, CO
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Job ID: 277960United Companies, is a member of the Oldcastle
Materials West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and
formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and
development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source
of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete,
asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by
embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service,
sustainability, and financial strength. Position OverviewThis is a
skilled position as an experienced Project Manager involving the
oversight of large civil construction projects, Daily coordination
with subcontractors and crews onsite ,Scheduling for the project ,
Equipment , labor and overhead costs and management of projects
that are awarded to the company.Key Responsibilities (Essential
Duties and Functions)
- Analyze blueprints, specifications, work order.
- Prepare preliminary Schedule for planning purposes and detailed
approach to the project based on final plans and
- Consult with clients, vendors and others to discuss and
formulate schedules and resolve issues.
- Maintain current and accurate information on job costs and pay
- Physically measure, compile quantities, and formalize pay
estimates for projects.
- Participate in the bidding process.
- Manage projects awarded from scheduling, resource
- Check daily cost sheets for correctness, compliance with
estimated cost, and if over budget, find out why and report to
- Prior to job startup, review with the job foreman the project
plans, specifications and review the project startup list to insure
that each item is done.
- Assist Estimating by providing feedback on job progress as
opposed to as estimated.
- Assist Estimating as available by performing field measurements
- Check that foreman's job quantities are correct and submitted
to Estimating; remember they will generate the invoice based on
what you report.
- Projects are remote; applicant must be willing to travel.
- Applicant needs to be able to use a laptop computer/ Ipad or
similar device.QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to
perform the essential functions.Education/Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management
or other related field
- Civil construction experience is preferred; or an equivalent of
education and experience will be acceptedWork Requirements
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization. .
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute, rate, ration, percent, land to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able
to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database
software. Key Competencies
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional employee
situations; Responds promptly to employee needs; Responds to
requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not
blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without
interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others'
ideas and tries new things.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal
with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.Physical
RequirementsThe physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.The employee is frequently required to sit,
climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee
is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and
reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50 lbs. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth
perception.Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions;
and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate to loud.The statements included in
this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They
represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully
perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the
Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- Salary Range: $60,000 to $90,000
- Bonus Range: Up to 15% of salary
- Vehicle Allotment: AvailableAbout OldcastleOldcastle has a long
and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations.
We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses,
local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises
that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a
decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small
company environment while having the career opportunities of a
large enterprise.Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you're up
for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Please complete your online application and profile
which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager.
Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!Follow
Oldcastle Careers on Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , Google+ ,
Pinterest , WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn !United Companies
is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Grand Junction , Field Project Manager - Grand Junction, CO, Executive , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!