Company: Transwest Inc
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: February 3, 2020
Join the best professional diesel engine technicians at
Transwest. Work on Freightliner and Western Star products, Detroit
Diesel, CAT, Cummins and more. All locations offer clean, safe
working conditions, with the latest tooling and computer diagnostic
equipment. By becoming a member of the Transwest family, you can
also take advantage of the certification program to expand your
skills and further your career.
We offer competitive wages and a full benefits package including
medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(K), paid holidays,
paid vacation/personal time, and an employee car discount
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform work as outlined in repair order.
* Perform all work with efficiency and accuracy and in accordance
with dealership and factory standards.
* Diagnose and repair vehicle malfunction.
* Communicate with the parts department to secure necessary
* Save and tag warranty parts.
* Advise shop foreman and provide recommendation if repair order
needs to be adjusted.
* Road test vehicles as needed for quality assessment.
* Maintain working knowledge of factory technical bulletins.
* Ensure customer vehicle cleanliness.
* Maintain neat and orderly work area.
* Accountable for all dealership owned tools.
* Uphold federal, state and local regulations governing the
disposal of hazardous waste.
* Perform job duties and functions with flexibility in the event
circumstances shift, i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel,
workload, rush jobs or technology developments.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES
* Required to perform work inside and outside, in all-weather
situations, at the shop division location.
* Requires frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending or
stooping for prolonged periods of time.
* Manual dexterity, fine manipulation and the ability to reach with
hands and arms and lift up to 80 lbs.
* Must be able to operate simple to complex and heavy-duty
* Normal range of hearing and vision.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Valid driver's license with the ability to obtain a CDL within 90
days of employment.
* Diesel Engine Technology Certifications/Education.
* Candidate must have experience diagnosing and repairing diesel
* Candidate must be a motivated individual who can work
* Selected candidate will be required to attend training sessions
for products serviced by the company at the company's expense.
* Candidate must possess a complete set of hand tools with rollaway
* Excellent verbal and communication skills
* Detail oriented
* Ability to successfully pass a General Abilities Assessment and
Post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.
Date Posted: 12-18-2019
Transwest is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We
do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of
age, race, sex, color, religion, veteran status, genetic
information, national origin, disability or any other status
protected by state or local law. It is Transwest's intention that
all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that
selection decisions be based on job-related factors
Keywords: Transwest Inc, Grand Junction , Diesel Technician, Engineering , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!