Pre school Teacher -Gateway
Company: Centro De La Familia
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Job DescriptionCentro de la Familia provides high-quality,
comprehensive, early childhood development and education services
to children and their families throughout Utah, Colorado, and
Nevada. Our mission is to promote the educational success of
children and families while fostering healthy and engaged
communities.Sign on Bonus: This position is eligible to get a bonus
of $2,000 after 60 days of employment.Location: This position will
be a permanent at either one of your Grand Junction Centers; Red
Canyon, Ute Canyon, Echo Canyon and Gateway. OverviewUnder the
supervision of the Education Specialist administers a program of
early childhood education that is developmentally, linguistically &
culturally appropriate; meets the individual & holistic needs of
preschool aged children; and works closely with parents and
families to ensure they are intentionally included in the planning
and execution of their child's education.LocationKey areas of
- Manage all aspects of the classroom in accordance with Head
Start Performance Standards, Child Care Licensing rules,
developmentally appropriate practices, and early childhood
education best practices.
- Provide direct supervision and be actively always engaged with
children to ensure their safety and well-being. Provide clear
behavioral expectations and use proper positive methods to prevent
and redirect misbehavior.
- Plan a daily, individualized program to support and promote
children's physical, social/emotional, cognitive, and language
development using the assigned curriculum and the agency's School
Readiness Plan in a culturally appropriate way.
- Collect child outcomes data on an ongoing basis, with formal
assessment points occurring three times a year. Participate in
ongoing monitoring through child file case reviews. Maintain timely
and complete electronic data, records, and assessments for each
- Plan and implement appropriate learning activities for special
needs children with IEPs.
- Meet USDA and sanitation regulations during mealtime and follow
guidelines for family- style meal service. Maintain accurate
classroom meal count and attendance records.
- Understand and apply the principles embodied in the Classroom
Assessment Scoring System (CLASS) and Early Childhood Environment
Rating Scale (ECERS) assessment tools.
- Establish a classroom where interactions are positive, warm,
caring, and respectful of children.
- Follow the lead of the children by demonstrating an awareness
of and responsiveness to children's emotional, physical, and
educational needs; allowing and encouraging freedom of expression
and movement; and encouraging children's responsibility and
- Facilitate children's involvement in activities by providing a
variety of materials, teaching through a variety of modalities, and
managing the classroom to provide continual learning activities for
- Use instructional discussions and activities to promote
children's higher order thinking skills with a focus on
understanding rather than rote memorization.
- Use language-stimulation and language-facilitation techniques
during conversations with children. Be a good language model by
using correct grammar, voice level, and clear speech.Parent &
- Conduct home visits and parent/teacher conferences to build
relationships and include parents in the planning and execution of
their child's individual curriculum.
- Collaborate with family service specialists to increase parent
knowledge about child development and improve their child
- Involve parents in the education process by using educational
activities to extend children's learning into the home. Consider
parent observations, knowledge, skills, talents, and interests in
- Work with the Education Specialist to develop an ongoing
professional development plan with a focus on knowledge and best
practices in early childhood education.
- Accept supervision and follow through with recommendations made
by supervisors and other advisors. Seek training and/or assistance
to implement improvements when needed.
- Work as a team with other staff and entities to actively
provide a collaborative environment focused on the success and
well-being of the children.
- Adhere to work plans and agency policies and procedures.
- Fulfill other duties as requested.QualificationsAA or BA in
Early Childhood Education/Child Development or a related field.
Current CPR, First Aid, and Food Handler's permit required. Must be
able to work with children with special needs and children with
limited or no English. Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
Physical requirements include extended periods of walking,
standing, kneeling, and crouching; the ability to lift and/or move
50 pounds; the ability to sit on the floor, crawl, run, and perform
other actions commonly associated with caring for preschool
children. Current and former Early Head Start and Head Start
parents will receive preference for employment vacancies for which
they are qualified.Job Type: Full-timeBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to FridayEducation:
- Bachelor's Degree in ECE or related field (preferred)
- Associate Degree in ECE or related field (required)Experience:
- Early childhood education: 2 years (Preferred)Powered by
Keywords: Centro De La Familia, Grand Junction , Pre school Teacher -Gateway, Education / Teaching , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!