Secretary - Family Practice*
Company: SCL Health
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: September 8, 2019
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a
You know how to move fast. You know how to stay organized. You know
how to have fun.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something
even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be
strong, the right team is invincible.
SCL Health Medical Group is part of SCL Health, a faith-based,
nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered
care. With locations throughout Colorado, Montana and Wyoming, we
offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your
family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision
coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it
encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve
launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health.
Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools,
tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also
offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well
encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and
high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of
spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to
As a Clinic Secretary you need to know how to:
* Be responsible for accurate scheduling and registration in Epic
and or ECW. Schedule patients appropriately, to meet provider needs
as directed by clinic supervisor. Cancel and reschedule
appointments timely, help supervisor track no-shows and work to
back fill daily schedule to ensure full clinic volumes.
* Maintain quality Master Patient Index by verifying patients
active in our systems, reducing duplicate MPIs.
* Assist supervisor with monthly audits when applicable.
* Answer phone calls, process messages appropriately through QHN,
Epic/ECW following office protocols in forwarding to the triage
* Be responsible for the flow of patients into the clinic,
including: preparation and mailing of new patient letters daily,
processing of patients who present at the front desk, answering
questions and obtaining appropriate paperwork.
* Collect all co-payments as the patients check out, including
processing credit card payments as needed. Reconcile encounter
forms with patient lists. Prepare daily deposits after balancing
cash drawer. Ensure all encounter forms and Medicare precepting
sheets are properly filled out and signed. Ensure that all self-pay
patients have financial qualification forms completed.
* When patient presents at check out, process all medication
reconciliation forms and referral forms. Reconcile referrals to
ensure the patients attended their referral appointments.
* Maintain clear documentation on accounts for needed follow up
based on scheduling/registration procedure check-off process.
* Notify Supervisor of any discrepancies in clinic procedure
* Review work queues to ensure daily errors are resolved by the end
of each work shift.
* Maintain cohesive relationships with clinical departments,
Physicians and Physician Office staff to ensure seamless work flow
within the departments.
* Remain flexible in scheduling to meet department and
organizational needs to accommodate the registration/scheduling
* Ensure MSP questionnaires are completed at each applicable
registration in a timely and complete manner.
* Complete assigned special projects, i.e.: processing paperwork
for DME companies, QA, chart reviews, assembly of new charts, etc.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which
is why we require:
* High School Diploma or equivalent, required
* Medical Terminology education/knowledge, required
* Strong communication and computer skills, required
* Ability to withstand stress in a high-activity area, required
* At least three to six (3-6) months of experience in a healthcare
setting or related industry, preferred
* Previous insurance knowledge, preferred
YOUR NEXT MOVE.
Now that you know more about being a Clinic Secretary on our team
we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day how
much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis
of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or
access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or
activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and
Keywords: SCL Health, Grand Junction , Secretary - Family Practice*, Administration, Clerical , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!