Accounting Specialist Grants
Company: SCL Health
Location: Grand Junction
Posted on: January 12, 2020
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as an
Accounting Specialist - Grants.
You know how to move fast. You know how to stay organized. You know
how to have fun.
You're great at what you do, but you want to be part of something
even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be
strong, the right team is invincible.
St. Mary's Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based,
nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered
care. Our 346-bed regional medical center is in Grand Junction, one
of the most beautiful places on earth. Our mission is to bring
health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your
family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision
coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it
encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we've
launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health.
Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools,
tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also
offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we'll align mission and careers, values and workplace.
We'll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We'll laugh at each other's jokes (even the bad ones). We'll hello
and high five. We'll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value
of spirituality in healing.
We're proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to
As an Accounting Specialist you need to know how to:
- Set up and maintain accounts, vendors and associate allocations
to track budget of each grant awarded in Lawson, Grant
Administrator, and Budget spreadsheets.
- Verify, code and enter expenditures, salaries & program
- Reconcile financial data to hospital general ledger and grant
- Enter/retrieve patient data in CAREWare and EPIC.
- Export data from Grant Administrator software to create
periodic, monthly and yearly financial reports.
- Process monthly American Express expenditures and reconcile
- Generate monthly billing for external reimbursement of program
expenditures in grant and contract programs.
- Assist Program Manager in developing budgets for new program
- Register new associates in Concur and assist in
- Utilize computer system as needed for information,
communication and to complete report writing.
- Develop competence in Federal grant management processes and
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which
is why we require:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in accounting,
- Efficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Word and
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being an Accounting Specialist on our
team we hope you'll join us. At SCL Health you'll reaffirm every
day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in
the first place.
Keywords: SCL Health, Grand Junction , Accounting Specialist Grants, Accounting, Auditing , Grand Junction, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!